Pregnancy is a time when women are more prone to periodontal diseases and cavities. We all know that at this point in time, you may eat different types of food according to your mood. Some choices can have an adverse effect on your teeth. You should take care of your teeth by visiting a Dentist Scott Rd Surrey with experts like New Smile Dental Group. They are experts in providing the best dental care and maintaining the dental health of every member of your family, regardless of age. Oral health and hygiene are our top priority and the best way to ensure that your teeth last a lifetime is by preventing problems before they start or detecting them early before they become critical.
Here in this blog, we are going to discuss why you should take care of your teeth during pregnancy.
Reasons you should take care of your teeth during pregnancy
Nearly 80% of women will suffer from gingivitis, the early stage of periodontal disease, during their pregnancy. These issues will occur due to the changes in their behaviour, such as eating habits, as well as changes due to pregnancy. Here, we have created a list of several reasons why you should take care of your teeth during pregnancy.
- Hormonal changes affect your teeth during pregnancy and lead the gums to loosen up.
- If you do not take care of your teeth during pregnancy then it can lead to serious cavities and you may end up losing teeth. Thus, you should get care from Dentist Scott Rd Surrey to get the best care for your teeth.
- Poor oral health can also cause problems with your developing baby. It can lead to a low-birth-weight baby and these babies are prone to developmental problems, asthma, ear infections, etc.
- Hormonal changes will affect the bone cavity and it will lead to the extraction of teeth if you do not take care of them.
These are some reasons why you should take care of teeth during the pregnancy period. Here are some useful steps you can take to clean your teeth effectively.
How to clean teeth during pregnancy?
As we have discussed above, in pregnancy your oral health needs extra care. Therefore, you can take care of this by following the useful tips mentioned below.
- Brush your teeth three times a day to keep them clean, especially whenever you eat food.
- You should use floss to clean between the teeth regularly as it has the capability to remove the food from your teeth.
- Limiting sugars will also help to improve your teeth health.
- Whenever you clean your teeth, make sure you brush them for 2 minutes. This will be helpful in removing the germs from your teeth.
These tips will be helpful for keeping your teeth clean during pregnancy. You can also get help from Dentist Scott Rd Surrey to make sure your oral health will remain at its peak.