Oral health is important for the health of your mouth and teeth, and your overall health. This is because the mouth is the primary entryway of your body that should be clean. If you neglect your oral health, then it may lead to various consequences. Some people may neglect oral problems like toothache, gum bleeding, and bad breath, which are signs of gum disease, decay, or an infection in the mouth. If you are one of them, then you should visit a dentist Surrey to cure your problems. You can consult with oral health experts like New Smile Dental Group that run a famous dental clinic Surrey. They will examine your mouth, understand your problem, and then provide the best solution to cure it. In this blog, we are going to discuss the serious health problems you may face if you ignore your oral health.
Problems caused by bad oral health
It is essential to prevent and cure your oral health issues before they damage your mouth. To keep up with your oral health, you must visit a dentist Surrey at regular intervals.
With a large number of potential oral health problems, we have addressed some top ones that will harm your teeth and can cause other health problems. So, let us get started with the list below:
• Cardiovascular disease: If you are suffering from poor oral health, then you are at the risk of having heart disease. If the gums are inflamed due to bacteria, then it will cause potential health issues. Therefore, you can reduce the risk of developing heart disease if you take care of your oral health.
• Respiratory problem: Poor oral health leads to various respiratory issues. Bacteria in the mouth not only causes a bad smell, they can be breathed into the lungs or travel in the body through the bloodstream.
• Diabetes: Diabetes can be aggravated in your body through infected gums. This is because gum disease can lead to high sugar levels.
• Infertility: Gum or teeth problems may lead to fertility issues as well. With poor oral health, women may not be able to conceive.
• Mouth Cancer: Another top health issue you will get with poor oral health is mouth cancer. You will also be more likely to get other cancers like kidney cancer, pancreatic cancer, or even blood cancer.
So, these are the top 5 diseases you will be vulnerable to if you do not take care of your teeth. You can visit a dental clinic Surrey for regular oral checkups, cleanings, and care.